Cooking Classes

11.10.12

Finding a new red house wine



The liquor store has discontinued my favourite house red and now I am searching for something new. I am partial to South American and Italian wines and tried these three.

The Finca Los Primos malbec from Argentina was just okay. It tasted young and had lots of tannins. Espritu de Argentina on the other hand was wonderfully mellow and nice sipping. It stood up well with food, as well. Finca was 14.5% alcohol while Espiritu was 13%. I much prefer the Espiritu.

Ogio Primitivo 2010 was also very nice. Primitivos are among my favourite and bring back fond memories of my travels to Puglia, Italy.

It was a good day! Two nice wines under $12 and perfect for every day wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.