Cooking Classes

2.6.11

Ginger Rhubarb Chutney with Cajun Chicken Tenders

I made this Ginger Rhubarb Chutney last season and still have a couple of jars in my cold room.  Since my stay in Tennessee I have become fond of using cornmeal to add a nice crust when pan frying.  These chicken tenders were dipped in milk then rolled in a mixture of cornmeal and Tony Cacheres Cajun Seasoning Mix.  How easy is that!  I pan fried them in a little goose fat and served with my chutney.  It was so good.  Yum.  Healthier than pub food and tastier, too!

7 comments:

  1. My favorite use for cornmeal - on some trout before frying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really nice combo, Sarah. Rhubarb chutney is delicious...I made some last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those look good. And fried in goose fat? Great idea.. although duck is what I have... wonder how different the flavor is with goose fat. I just love chutneys with fried things... someone this weekend had just flown in from London and brought a recipe from an English paper for a ginger rhubarb crumble... looked delish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! this looks amazing! I am so glad I stumbled across your blog! I LOVE it! I can't wait to see more! i am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! I am also hosting a giveaway and would love it if you would come enter! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks scrumptious! And the chutney sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breading and frying is what makes chicken tenders best! Great idea. Hope you're having a good weekend at the market, too. Don't know that I would have gone with the black apron, since it would show spills, but I'm sure you'll be sold out in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now rhubarb chutney is totally new to me, but I bet it tastes incredible!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.